On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 12:25:49AM +0000, Penguin Lover Jorge Almeida squawked:
> Already did it (commented out the line in ~/.bashrc and sourced this
> file...) It doesn't freeze now, of course.

Which version of bash completion? And which version of bash?

(Just want to check if you are running a different version from mine:
I have 20050121-r10, everything else masked by ~)

Now, with the bash-completion script sourced, what does it say when
you type

complete -p less   (or tar, or mplayer?)

if you are in the directory with the README file, what happens if you
do

compgen -f RE
compgen -d RE

does it freeze up your computer?

/etc/bash_completion is just a big shell script, and it calls mostly
bash builtin commands, so its resource hit really shouldn't be that
high.

Seen outside the LINAC control room @ Fermi Nat'l Accelerator Laboratory:
   (an _official_ sign)
  PLEASE DON'T FEED THE OPERATORS