Hi,

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 22:14:26 +0100
"Ivan Sakhalin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>       Now, you that have read this far may wonder, what is my point? Quite
> simple,
> comrades. It is a warning I bring you, and I ask you to stop for a moment and
> reflect upon the situation we have right now. It seems that a small group of
> developers have ursurped power, leaving any checks and balances behind them
> to shape Gentoo in the image they see, not caring for any losses they cause.
> It can not be in the interest of a community to be ruled by such a group -
> even among devs equality is hard to find as som just have to be better than
> others.

_I_ am not ruled by that group and you're possibly neither. What might
be ruled by those "ursurpators", which might or might not exist (names,
dude, more facts...), is just Gentoo.

> [...] Cooperate you must, my friends. [...]

Fear is the path to the dark side! Fear leads to anger, anger leads to
hate - and hate leads to - suffering. (SCNR... That's Yoda, of course)

> Only when you leave the infighting and bureaucracy behind can you aspire
> to true greatness.

But *I*, as a user (this is -user, after all!) don't feel bothered by
any kind of bureaucracy. Please explain first why I should take action
at all at the moment. And why I shouldn't just go and take the next
distro that fits my needs best (brrrr, Slackware :-)?

I don't want to say your points aren't valid. But they are not very
substantiated (don't expect me to read back the last few months of
gentoo-dev, bring examples!) and not focused on my context as a
_user_...

-hwh