(I had some trouble posting this message the first time, so I
apologize if it appears twice)

Hi, last fall I spent some of my summer earnings on a ThinkPad X41
tablet, and have been loving it ever since I installed Gentoo on it.
There is one thing I have not yet been able to make work, though, and
that is wifi. This is probably due to a combination of my own lack of
wifi-related experience and the fact that my school (the only
practical place I have to use wifi) seems to use a horrendously
complicated setup >.<. I have heard that others with this laptop have
managed to make wifi work.

I have been trying different things on and off for a few month now,
but the fact is that I have very little idea of how to configure wifi,
and there seems to be little documentation that I can find which is
relevant to this situation. I've decided that there's little left to
do except bug all of you with my problem =(.

My school has some Windows/Mac setup instructions here (scroll down a bit):
http://rorschach.concordia.ca/neg/remote_access/wireless/
They mention Xsupplicant in relation to Linux, but once again I find
myself way out of my depth. . .

lspci lists my wifi card as:
04:02.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Network Connection (rev 05)

I am using the ipw2200 module, and the wifi card shows up under
iwconfig as eth1.

I hope you can help, and please tell me if I should post any other info,
      Henk Boom