On Tuesday 06 March 2007 13:11, Masood Ahmed wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 01:00:47PM +0000, Peter Ruskin wrote:
> > It looks like it belongs to sane.  The only dll.conf I have is:
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 857 01 Oct 2006 11:20 /etc/sane.d/dll.conf
>
> If it belongs to sane then what is that file doing in portage tree
> as said by him rather than in /etc/sane.d ?

Thank you both.  I also have it in /etc/sane.d/ as slocate tells me:

# slocate dll.conf
/etc/sane.d/dll.conf

However, slocate does not pick up the /var/tmp/portage/dll.conf file - why is
that?

Meanwhile, I will assume that something got messed up (see corrupted) on my
fs.  I seem to get quite a few Konqueror crashes when I unmount and remove
USB sticks and then try to close it.  But that's another story.
--
Regards,
Mick