Hi,

On 3/9/07, Mick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Friday 09 March 2007 05:25, Wayne Oliver wrote:

> If you select test from the menu it should show the desklet on screen
> you can now move it around, play with it etc.
> Exit the desklet re run the
>
> $/path/to/calendar/Calender.py
>
> This time selecting register
> Kill adesklets and then run it again.
> If you happy that it's working simply add adesklets to your X startup
> i.e. .xinitrc or .XSession

Thank you all for your help,

It seems that there is something wrong with the fonts(?)  I have managed to
launch weatherforecast which works fine, but calendar and volume do not.  I
tried testing them and this is what I get:
$ ./volume.py
Do you want to (r)egister this desklet or to (t)est it? t
Now testing...
If you do not see anything (or just an initial flicker
in the top left corner of your screen), try `--help',
and see the FAQ: `info adesklets'.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./volume.py", line 588, in ?
    Events(dirname(__file__)).pause()
  File "./volume.py", line 63, in __init__
    adesklets.Events_handler.__init__(self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/adesklets/events_handler.py", line
157, in __init__
    self.ready()
  File "./volume.py", line 127, in ready
    self.drawVolumeTxt(self.volume)
  File "./volume.py", line 190, in drawVolumeTxt
    adesklets.load_font(font)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/adesklets/commands.py", line 706, in
load_font
    return comm.out()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/adesklets/commands_handler.py", line
103, in out
    raise ADESKLETSError(4,message)
adesklets.error_handler.ADESKLETSError: adesklets command error -
font 'VeraBd/8' could not be loaded

There is a problem with the latest version of font-* and adesklets
that is solved in the unstable version of adesklets.

I hope it helps

Of course volume does not show up at all.  How do I fix this?
--
Regards,
Mick