Hemmann, Volker Armin ha scritto:
 > besides critical bug fixes, security fixes and driver updates?

IMHO masking never kernels is a really bad idea.

Why? I upgrade my kernel once in a blue moon -that is, when I need to because of new features I need, because of incompatibility with current system (i.e. upgrade to udev) or just because I need to recompile to enable/disable something and, since I'm recompiling anyway, I also upgrade.(note that I don't use genkernel)

Otherwise, I personally don't bother. If my kernel currently serves me well and there is nothing new I really need, why having to recompile, with the risk to make a mess?

m.