On 17.05.2007 06:52, Josh Helmer wrote:
> I was just looking for some opinions.  I am replacing my current mail server.
>
> Right now I am using courier-imap and I am happy with it.   The only thing
> that concerns me is that I have heard grumblings that courier has some
> security issues.   I was just curious which IMAP server other people would
> recommend or perhaps if I am best off just sticking with what I know.  My
> current setup is very simple.  My only real requirements are SSL and maildir
> support.   I connect using either Kmail or Thunderbird.

We recently switched from courier-imap to dovecot (imaps only maildir
support with Thunderbird and squirrelmail as mail clients).  Peak load
went from 10-12 to about 1 and response is much better especially on big
folders.  If your server is not heavily used, I suggest that you stick
with what you know.  Otherwise, you can give dovecot a try.

--
Eray