On Wednesday 30 May 2007 21:23:00 Denis wrote:
> Why are there multiple versions of java-config, autoconf, and
> automake shown on my system?

They are incompatible, slotted, and each slot is individually required (or was
at some time).

> There could be other multi-version
> packages...  Is this normal for portage that is configured to
> autoclean?

Yes.  Autoclean doesn't uninstall versions in a different slot.  I'm not sure
about depclean.

> If so, I find it rather interesting that packages would
> depend on so many different versions of automake, for instance!

HA.  autohell is that way because there's little backward or forward
compatibility.  (Well, that and m4.)

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))