Just my two cents: don't forget to use temporary email boxes like
yopmail.com, these boxes can be very helpful for the kind of tests you
may run.

Gal'

2007/6/1, Albert Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On Fri, 2007-06-01 at 14:45 +0200, Johannes Skov Frandsen wrote:
> testing if apache works is easy, you just go to http://localhost and
> see
> if something happens,
> but how do I test if postfix actual sends my mail?

Well, you set up a web server to deliver web content.  I'm assuming
you're setting up a mail server to deliver mail.  So the test is to see
that it delivers mail.

Not that I've ever used postfix, but testing a mail server should be
pretty similar for any platform.

     1. Create a mailbox (or use a remote one)
     2. Using a MUA, for example, connect to mail server.
     3. Send message to be delivered to mailbox
     4. Verify message delivered to mailbox.

--
Albert W. Hopkins