On Friday 01 June 2007, Mick wrote:
> On Friday 01 June 2007 20:09, Alex Schuster wrote:
> > It is a ATI Radeon 9250 (128 MB-AGP, 200/240 MHz). I added fglrx and
> > radeon to my VIDEO_CARDS in /etc/make.conf, now it is VIDEO_CARDS="fglrx
> > radeon nvidia nv vesa vga fbdev". X was updated with "emerge -uN
> > xorg-x11".
>
> You need either the radeon driver OR the ati-drivers.  Up to you.  If the
> former take everything else out of VIDEO_CARDS="...." except for radeon and
> try configuring your xorg.conf.  Alternatively, take radeon out, put fglrx
> in and emerge ati-drivers before you try to configure your xorg.conf again.
>
> If I were you I would first read really carefully this:
>
> http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/ati-faq.xml

ATI has discontinued support for 9250 and below for some time now. The only
option is the open-source radeon driver. It's quite good, actually - much
more stable than fglrx, has support for almost all features of the cards
(tvout is a notable exception) and you never have to worry that the next Xorg
or kernel update will break your graphics drivers.

--
Dimitar Toshev