On Tuesday 26 June 2007, Mike Edenfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] FEATURES="test" -- Should this work?':
> I recently enabled the "test" feature on Portage

I use paludis,. which does testing by default, and I've seen a number of
packages fail tests.  I simply mask those specific versions.  Last time I
checked, bug reports coming from alternative package manager users were
closed "fairly quickly".  Since you are using portage, your bugs may get a
little more attention, but I think the general consensus is that "tests
aren't important" so they generally get dropped to low priority, ignored
until the next release, then closed with a "refile if it affects the
current release" message.

Then again, perhaps I'm just feeling a bit jaded toward the Gentoo
developers this morning.  <grumpy/>

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))