On Tuesday 03 July 2007, Drew Tomlinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
about '[gentoo-user] 3D Acceleration With Laptop - Radeon Xpress 1100
IGP':
> [W]hen loading the fglrx.ko
> module, I get an error about "...taints the kernel".  Thus I suspect I
> have some option set in my kernel that conflicts with the fglrx module?

No that just means that the binary you are running (kernel + modules) is
not Free Software or, in this case, distributable at all.

See http://www.kroah.com/log/images/ols_2006_keynote_12.jpg , part of
http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/ols_2006_keynote.html which is full of high
level information about the kernel.

--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                      ((_/)o o(\_))