On 17 Jul 2007, at 18:57, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
The preamble of Version 2 was almost unchanged from the original preamble written for the first GPL license. It was eloquent. It was convincing. It was awe inspiring.
It is hard to explain my feelings about the new license.
They took a license that was a work of art that stood as an example to two loosely bound movements, and ran it through the shredder. It is like looking upon the battle flag of your own nation with a moment of pride, only to notice that some vandal has written seditious slurs all over it.

I don't agree with you, but your own words are very eloquently written, and do cause me to respect your position. I have read both licenses fully, but sometime I'll have to find the time to do so again and reread your posts.

Stroller.