070819 Florian Philipp wrote:
> Am Sonntag 19 August 2007 20:13:14 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
>> Hello Philip Webb,
>>> I've also noticed that it seems to take noticeably longer to copy files,
>>> the more data is already on the stick: can anyone explain ?
>> Fragmentation?
> Because there are no moving parts, the latency is extremely low.
> Fragmentation should not have any influence.

No, it can't be fragmentation !  I copied a series of dirs to the stick
& as each one was done, they took successively longer to finish,
tho' they were all roughly the same size.  It must be something
to do with the way the data is laid out on the stick.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]