Am Mittwoch 22 August 2007 17:31:33 schrieb Florian Philipp:
> Am Mittwoch 22 August 2007 16:12:00 schrieb Michael Gisbers:

> > > Heureka, I've found it!
> > >
> > > I used kdiff to compare your kernel config with mine. Then I've set
> > > every option (even completely unrelated stuff like parallel port) with
> > > some minor exceptions to match your settings and now it works!
> >
> > That's fine. Could you find out which parameter you had to change to get
> > it working?
>
> Not yet, among other things I suspect "Elan PCMCIA CardBus Adapter USB
> Client" as well as some settings concerning networking but there are really
> too many to be sure. I'll deactivate them over time and post it here.
>
> > > Okay, umtsmon needs to be root (I have to adjust permissions, I think)
> > > and I can't make a connection but I've got the same problem on Windows
> > > so it's most certainly ISP related.
> >
> > Which ISP do you use?
>
> E-Plus / Base. Tomorrow I'll drive to the next town and see if it works
> there.

Just for the records: I'm now using the scripts provided by Novatel because
umtsmon did not work (and because it was the only package requiring qt on my
laptop). Now I'm connecting with
"pppd file /etc/ppp/hsdpa_options ttyUSB0"

Because their scripts do not work as long as you have to enter a PIN, I've
deactivated the PIN using my mobile phone (umtsmon or the Windows tool could
have worked as well).

For E-Plus / Base you need the following settings:
APN:            "internet.eplus.de"
user:   "eplus"
password:"internet"
number: "*99***1#"

I'm still searching for the kernel option(s).