I have been unable to boot into my gentoo system due to a Machine Check
Exception.  This is an AMD 64 system.  MCE for AMD is enabled in the kernel
(2.6.21 gentoo-sources).

I am unable to boot in to turn off MCE checking.  I was able to log in by
single user mode.  The MCE happens at the end of the loading of "default"
scripts, at least this is what I am seeing on the screen: xdm has been
loaded.

The problem is, I have been installing ubuntu on another partition, and it
boots fine.

If I have it right, I can download a gentoo live install disk and compile a
new kernel.  Is there a howto on this specific problem?

Thank you,

Alan Davis

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one
non-existent."
         ---Lord Raleigh (aka John William Strutt), or else his son,