On Saturday 01 September 2007, Joseph wrote:
> Cast your vote!
>
> Of the most popular DESKTOP Linux distro's (2007 Top List) , which is
> the most secure?
> http://www.linuxsecurity.com/component/option,com_poll/task,results/id,34/

Hmm, I'm not sure.  The question is which *is* the most secure distro, not
which can be made the most secure.  A vanilla Gentoo installation (I know
there is no such thing with Gentoo) has no firewall installed.  Any
application can open any port to the wind and especially with a poor security
policy has the potential to expose the box to an attack.  More so than a
binary distro Gentoo relies on an intelligent configuration to be secure.
--
Regards,
Mick