On Sat, Sep 29, 2007 at 03:17:14PM -0500, forgottenwizard wrote:
> On 13:41 Sat 29 Sep     , Grant Edwards wrote:
> > On 2007-09-29, forgottenwizard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Since I'm using cable, I figure if I need to, in 17 month I
> > > can get a converter, or afford to buy a better card.
> >
> > If you're using cable, you may not need to.  Cable companies
> > are free to continue distributing analog signals as long as
> > they want.
> >
> > --
> > Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I need to discuss
> >                                   at               BUY-BACK PROVISIONS
> >                                visi.com            with at least six studio
> >                                                    SLEAZEBALLS!!
> >
> > --
> >

> Good to know. Right now I'm down to finding a working app (mplayer only
> seems to work so far, and it doesn't seem to work quite right).

Grant is correct. The digital switch only applies to OTA (Over the Air). Cable
operators could do whatever they want.

Not sure why the PVR-150 isn't just working out of the box for you. I know
there were some complaints about Hauppauge quietly putting another device in
the box. And that's because of the switch over. As of March 1, 2007
manufacturers had to include a digital tuner if they included an analog tuner.
This included computer interface cards as well. I believe the new Hauppauge is
a PVR-1600 with dual tuner (NTSC & ATSC).

Good luck.

Patrick