Does anyone have advice based on experience using LVM ?
I sb partitioning a new  320 GB  hard drive soon for a simple desktop box.
That is  8 times  the size of the HDD in my present machine,
which I haven't exhausted by any means.  LVM seems more professional
& allows flexibility for unforeseen storage needs,
but it adds a layer of complexity & potential problems arising therefrom.
I wonder whether LVM slows down disk access
& whether there's a disaster lurking unseen if anything goes wrong with LVM:
a bad package update, a damaged config file or file storing LVM's layout
would seem to risk losing everything on the HDD & require re-installation.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : [EMAIL PROTECTED]