Hi All,

now this is a bit off topic, but I'm looking for an X11
console which can display images intermingled in the normal
text flow.

The following mockup gives a rough idea of what I'm looking for:
    http://www.quiss.org/files/gfxterminal.png
.

That is, I'm looking for a terminal emulator where I can insert special
color graphic escape sequences into the serial stream, which are then
displayed by the x11 console as graphics at the current text
position.

I'd be grateful for any hints about whether something like this already
exists somewhere, or ideas on how to implement it (maybe using some
console with plugin capabilities, or something like this).

Thanks,

Matthias