On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 01:46:33PM +0100, Penguin Lover Alex Schuster squawked:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> > I have the same problem and I was trying to solve it few weeks ago,
> > after almost two weeks of searching and compiling I substituted =~ with
> > expr:
> >
> > - orig use with ~= :
> > # if [[ "test" =~ ".*" ]]; then echo "ok"; fi
> >
> > - alternative use with expr :
> > # export TEST_VAR="test"
> > # if [[ ${#TEST_VAR} == `expr "${TEST_VAR}" : ".*"` ]]; then echo "ok";
> > fi
>
> Or like this:
>
> match=".*"
> if [[ "test" =~ $match ]]; then echo "ok"; fi

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try them out on my test box when I
get home.

What is the meaning of Life?

To search for truth and beauty.
To ask questions.
To find the answer to this question
To rigorously mathematically prove by epislon-delta treatment that this
question has no answer. Proof? For all oranges greater than zero, there exists
a banana such that for all fruits tastier than the banana, an orange sweeter
than a banana implies the orange is yellow. So by the Jedi-Schwartz Inequality,
all oranges are not orange. This leads to an obvious contradiction.

It's too bad life is a departmental requirement, otherwise I'd P/D/F it.

     ~Phil Wei
Sortir en Pantoufles: up 337 days, 13:43