James wrote:
> Have you set one up to sniff and remotely display the result on a workstaion
> before?

No, I definitely haven't done anything like that.  Mine is just a
router/WAP/firewall/QoS thing with some fun port forwarding rules.
Funny that it's default firmware doesn't let you forward outside port
8080 to an inside 80.  I know that the level of mathematical prowess
necessary for such a packet transformation is exceedingly amazing,
but...  OpenWRT is cool :)

What I think you could do in OpenWRT is perhaps to set up an IPTables
Rule that sends all packets through one of it's 5 ports on the back, and
then you could plug a machine in there to log/process it.  This is not
something I have done, it's just a suggestion for you to ponder.  It may
or may not be possible, I don't know...

--
Randy Barlow
http://electronsweatshop.com