Portage can continue to build packages if one fails.

# emerge -options package/list_of_packages || until emerge
-same_options_as_before package/list_of_packages ; do : ;done

All with a little help from bash, of course. I think Andressen taught me this
trick. It makes no sense to leave your box on overnight only to find that it
quit emerge 10 minutes into your sleep because of one package failure to
install/build.

Unisys | 370 Jay St. Storage Room 66 | Brooklyn, NY 11201  |    NYCT: (718)
243-5086 Personal Cell Phone #: (646) 724-5776