Thank you for the suggestions.  I wonder out loud whether the Ubuntu
kernel is using something like a genkernel install, with everything as
modules.  If so, in that case, how would one get a snapshot of what is
being utilized?

Alan

--
Alan Davis, Kagman High School, Saipan  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

"It's never a matter of liking or disliking ..."
       ---Santa Ynez Chumash Medicine Man