On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 10:08:43 +0100, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:

> And while where at it: Get those stage1 installs back into the
> Handbook. I did a stage3 install 2 weeks ago and it was a nightmare.
> One needs to recompile nearly everything afterwards, so stage3 doesn't
> make any difference.

Except that you can use the system while it is recompiling. I switched to
using Stage 3 installs about three years ago, it's so much easier and
gives you a working system in under an hour. The fact that it spends the
next day or two recompiling in the background, at a nice level of 19,
doesn't detract from that at all.

--
Neil Bothwick

Sevareid`s Law: The chief cause of problems is solutions.