On Saturday 02 February 2008, maxim wexler wrote:
> > Don't forget: etc-update, revdep-rebuild tools.
> > HTH. Rumen
>
> At the end of an emerge process I saw two
> recommendations: etc-update and ?-update. The exact
> name escapes me and I can't find it in the logs. It
> seems pretty significant with 100+ updates pending. Do
> you recall the full name?
>
> Maxim

modules-update if you have out-of-tree kernel modules

env-update follwed by '. /etc/profile/ to avoid the hassle of logging
out and back in just to update the environment

possibly conf-update which does the same thing as etc-update, just with
a much nicer ui that is easier to see what is going on

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com