Hello, OT post here, but:

I (the office, actually) have this lousy ISP that sells mailboxes
limited to 50MB. Whatever, I can't change that just now.

I have need to keep all mail in one place... for safekeeping, mostly.
50MB is not enough and I get a quota warning.

So, knowing this situation is BS, I thought, what's the quickest and
dirtiest way (short of hacking up another perl script) that I can make
this just go away, without losing that backup storage?

Anyway, I puzzled a bit and decided 'fetchmail' sounds pretty good,
pretty much what I want to do here. But, it needs sendmail...?? I don't
want a MTA on this box. So, I see 'procmail' is an alternative target.
Hmm.

I see the process as, getting a quota warning and then running
'fetchmail' as a user. It worked, but not how I want.

I got the mail off the server, but now it's in my 'own' .maildir folder.
As I will need to set up a dump folder for a bunch of different
accounts, this won't do.

So, what part did I miss about setting the MAILDIR? For some reason my
config selected the 'DEFAULT'. How can I set up multiple procmail
targets and choose which one I want based on the .fetchmailrc?

(Yeah, I don't want to actually learn procmail rules or anything.)

poll pop.lousyfreakinisp.com protocol POP3
user "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" password "job" fetchall
       mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

Or, is there some other more lightweight brainless set-and-forget way I
can approach this? Quota-warning->dumpALLpop3email to local folders
one each for six or seven email accounts? Without setting up new users?

I don't really even care what the format of the folder is, just that
it isn't the multi-gigabyte .pst files everyone else has. Would
rcvstore[?] work?

Cheers,

--
 |    |ichael  |   |iggins    \^ /