On Tuesday 04 March 2008, eric wrote:
> Mick wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am trying to connect to my work's T-Snap citrix desktop.  I have
> > installed net-misc/icaclient-10.6-r3 but when I click on the remote
> > desktop I get this error:
> > "Client Error
> >
> > No connection to ";40;STAEXXXXXXXXXXXX;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
> > Invalid server browser command header received."
> > (where XXXX are random characters)
> >
> > Looking at the launcher.ica file that the browser downloads I can see
> > that the domain is defined as:
> > [T-SNAP Desktop]
> > Address=;40;STAEXXXXXXXXXXXX;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
> > AudioBandwidthLimit=2
> > AutologonAllowed=ON
> > BrowserProtocol=HTTPonTCP
> > CGPSecurityTicket=On
> > ClearPassword=XXXXXXXXXXX
> >
> > I am assuming here that the client is trying to use the hashed server
> > address and the browser cannot resolve this.  As far as I understand this
> > solution works with guess what: MSWindows (my work is a Microsoft shop)
> > and AppleMac. Any ideas what it might take to get it going under Gentoo?
>
> Have you tried downloading the ica client from Citrix and installing it
> to your home directory and trying it?  I didn't even know they put it in
> portage, I've always had to go to their website.
>
> Also, what browser are you using (or are you going straight from the
> desktop)?

When you use portage it shows the F flag.  During emerge it advises you to
manually download the .rpm package from the Citrix website and save it
manually in portage/distfiles before continuing with the emerge.  I tried
both Firefox and Opera.  How could I try it straight from the desktop?
--
Regards,
Mick