Hi Iain,
on Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 04:53:40PM +0930, you wrote:
> <brag> I just installed Gentoo on a quad-core dual-cpu Xeon E5420
> (2.50GHz).  8Gb RAM, 800Gb raid.  It's not mine - I've only convinced
> the sysadmin to let me play until it needs to be used for something real
> (what a waste to have those cpu's doing nothing, I thought, so let's
> install Gentoo :)

FSC made a mistake with their price lists for us these weeks, they seem
to have deducted academic institution discount twice---and as they have
to give 30 days notice upon raising prices according to their contract
with university, they couldn't just correct it right away. Guess who got
himself a machine pretty much like that... <snicker>

scnr,
        Matthias
--
I prefer encrypted and signed messages. KeyID: FAC37665
Fingerprint: 8C16 3F0A A6FC DF0D 19B0  8DEF 48D9 1700 FAC3 7665