Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
On Samstag, 15. März 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
OK, lets go back to step 1, and try to think it through this time.

- a user sends a mail from account X to list Y
- same user is also subscribed to list Y from account X
- if list Y sends a copy of the mail to the user at account X, then the
user has a duplicate because by definition *he already has the
original*
- it is completely reasonable to give the list admin the option to
enable or disable this behaviour

but you are wrong.

You get your email back from the list.

GMAIL just does not show it.

That is the way I understand it too. It's not the list mail server that stops it, it's the mail server on the users end. I'll have a copy of this email in my sent folder but I'll also get a copy back in my inbox folder in a little bit too. I also sort mine by threads so it is neat or the threading will be . . . confusing. I have enough confusion already.
Dale

:-)  :-)