Dan Farrell <dan <at> spore.ath.cx> writes:

> > I have a 4 gig Cf card (sandisk) and a ide-cf card that should
> > make the CF card look like an ide hard drive.

> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/Mounting_a_block_device_with_JFFS2

> > But it seems vague(outdated) and missing many steps. Or
> > am I confused? I'm just looking for some outline or verbose
> > steps to replace an ide drive on a system with a CF/ide drive
> > and jffs2, as I have many systems that I'd like to do this with,
> > for core reliability on minimalistic gentoo servers. I plan
> > on having additional space on these systems (when needed)
> > via NFS.

> You shouldn't need to do anything special - just copy all files over
> exactly, and then set up GRUB on the CF card.

Well, I've heard otherwise. Use jffs2 or the CF card will wear out
prematurely.......

I should have been more specific on my questions. When using 'fdisk'
to format the CF card: In section 4d of the handbook, I do not see
a 'mkjffs2fs' command. So I'm confused as to how you put the jffs2
file system on a partition.