> It's probably better to use a shell designed for rescue work,
> like sash or busybox instead of bash, especially if /usr is on a
> separate filesystem.

The statically linked bash acutally works rather
well for this. The main advantage I've found
using it for recovery situations is that I'm
used to it: sourceing root's .bash_profile is
enough to give a familiar environment.

--
Steven Lembark                                          +1 888 359 3508
Workhorse Computing                                       85-09 90th St