On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:42 PM, Sergey Kobzar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> uvesafb works nice.

Can anyone help me with the following?
Do any of you know how to make uvesafb (that replaces the old vesafb-tng)
set to a pre-defined resolution?
What I mean is that with vesafb-tng I used to set like: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" as
fb
settings and then, during boot, while kernel was loading, when it passed
through that "instruction", it would start using the console with those fb
settings and the penguins on the top. Then the penguins disappear and I had
a great text console @ 1440x900.
I remeber putting the exact string [EMAIL PROTECTED] when building my kernel on
the vesafb page. Now with uvesafb I don't get that option and my text
console has a horrible resolution. A simple "lspci" will generate text long
enough for a line to break.
Anyone?

Regards,

Saffi

--
Ricardo Saffi Marques
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)