Ricardo Saffi Marques wrote:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Alexander Meinke <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Try to determine possible resolutions by typing "hwinfo
    --framebuffer". Use the
    hex code 0x... and put it as kernel parameter in your grub.conf.

Okay, *that* I didn't know. :-)
I do know 1440x900 is a supported resolution on my machines since it's the native resolution of their screen's.
    For 1400x1050 with kernel 2.6.24-r3 I am using the following lines:
    title Gentoo GNU/Linux (gentoo-sources-2.6.24-r3)
    root (hd0,1)
    kernel /gentoo-sources-2.6.24-r3 root=/dev/sda5 vga=0x344

So after the change from the vesafb-tng to the actual uvesafb on the kernel, it actually IS necessary to use the "vga=something" trick on the boot line, then?
I'll do it and tell the results.

Thanks a lot, Alexander!

Best regards,

Saffi

--
Ricardo Saffi Marques
Laboratório de Administração e Segurança de Sistemas (LAS/IC)

i always thought vga= was only used by the old vesafb driver
i use video=uvesafb:1024x768-32
i cant get any wide screen modes to work at all, anybody else know how??