On Wed, 26 Mar 2008 02:09:19 +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> I can't remember a single ethernet device in the last several years
> that wasn't fully supported and JustWorked(tm) straight out the box on
> any old arb Linux system.

When I bought my Asus P5B-E board last year, the drivers for the Attansic
L1 gigabit NIC hadn't made it into the kernel and no live CD would enable
it. I ended up putting a spare PCI NIC in to install Gentoo, then
patching the kernel to enable the on-board one.

It appeared in the next kernel release, so is not problem now, but that
was less than a year ago.

--
Neil Bothwick

Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will
clean them?