Mick wrote:
> On Sunday 04 May 2008, Neil Bothwick wrote:
>> On Sun, 4 May 2008 19:47:13 +0100, Mick wrote:
>>> I assumed (wrongly) that since it is the same physical hardware and the
>>> same partition image it will not ask me to re-register it.
>> But it's not the same hardware, you are now running it on the VB virtual
>> hardware.
>
> Sure, but it's the same physical drive & IDE controller, no?
Yes, but the way a virtual machine works is that it creates its own set
of "hardware" and emulates that hardware for the OS you're running. The
VM software itself acts as a bridge between calls made to this virtual
"hardware" and the true hardware in your system.

The three days is from the time you first boot the machine in the VM -
it remembers, even if it's shut down.

-Tim