On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 15:33 +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
> I've just tried to emerge the svn ebuild of madwifi-ng after a kernel
> update. I have previously merged this so I have working sources in
> $DISTDIR/svn-src but svn.madwifi.org is down. The emerge bails out when
> it is unable to contact the server, when I would prefer it to use the
> existing sources. Is there a way to force portage to do this?
>
> If not, I think I should file a bug on this as it is a significant
> blocker. After all, if I didn't have a wired connection, the server would
> always be unavailable until I remerged the package.

None of the madwifi-ng ebuilds in my portage tree have an svn source.
I'd be surprised if they did because the Gentoo devs generally
discourage subversion/cvs/etc. ebuilds.

Also lots of times a SRC_URI server is down or a mirror is out of sync
and we don't call them bugs; we call them crappy servers.

Now I'm not a Gentoo dev (anymore) but I wouldn't be surprised that if
you submitted a bug you'd get a WONTFIX or a "patches welcomed"
response.

-a