On Thursday 03 July 2008, Norman Hakim wrote:
> Richard,
>
> I will try add this line to my /etc/fstab:
>
> /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom      auto      noauto,ro,user     0 0
>
> i will paste it the output here if error occur. And about usb,what
> command should i add so that i can mount my thumbdrive?

These days it's much more common to let the desktop do that step for
you. With a properly setup desktop, you can remove all references to
cdroms and thumbdrives from fstab (leave only permanent mounts for
disks etc in there) and rather use the icon that pops up on your
desktop when you insert a usb drive.

This works because fstab has no special qualities - it's just a list of
standard drives you want to have mounted on your computer.

What desktop do you use? I'm betting it's either gnome or kde

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com