On Wednesday 02 July 2008, Ricardo Bevilacqua wrote:
> Yes, I know. That is how it is explained as an example in the Gentoo
> Linux Handbook Chapter 8 [1] and it has worked for me so far. I am
> sure that you could specify one file system type, but I am not too
> sure if this really works at any case because a DVD could not follow
> the ISO 9660 standard. As far as I know, some DVD's use the UDF
> format.

It only works if mount can figure out what the actual fs is at mount
time. It does this by examining all known variations on the idea of a
superblock. As long as a sane fs is in use, mounts invariably figures
it out correctly.

btw, all dvds use UDF, ISO9660 is a cd fs

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com