Budd, Tracy wrote:
> Yes. I have the nvidia driver built, and it loads using modprobe.

I still think you might be confusing the kernel module, using modprobe to load,
with the X11 driver (you need both) which is named (as I wrote below)
nvidia_drv.so.  You do not use modprobe to load the X11 driver.  Looking at your
included xorg.conf, you have nv loaded in X11, not nvidia.  Wrong item.