Hi again,

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:18:39 -0400
"Budd, Tracy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Card GeForce 8600GT. nvidia-drivers 173.14.09.

Sorry for being late. It seems a right combination. Are you sure it's a driver
issue? Maybe your wm is dying or something. Is it able to do a soft power off
if the acpi daemon is running? Can you remotely ssh and see what's happening?

The logs don't reveal a thing, look at the creating date or just delete it to
see if it's being recreated. If that's the case, then Xorg is starting without
a problem, and we should start looking elsewhere.
--
Jesús Guerrero <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>