On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 7:11 PM, b.n. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I ask it here because I really don't know where to ask it.
>
> Is there a Linux system somewhere with a *non-GNU* userland?
>
> I wonder in particular if:
> - there are Linux systems using the BSD userlands
> - there are Linux systems using completely non-standard userlands... let's
> say, non-Unix tools on top of a Linux kernel.
>
> Only thing I can think about is (maybe) embedded systems or things using
> busybox, but in the latter case just imitating gnu or bsd userlands.
>
> Not that I have a real purpose for such a bizarre beast, I'm just curious.
>
> m.

A while back I read something about people using a LLVM toolchain. I
think it still includes gcc, but it was interesting (and if I remember
correctly, it was attempted with gentoo). If I could just find the
link? ahah http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/02/12/1431222

Don't know if that's really what you're asking. Just ignore me

Regards
Dirk