Hi cuciferus,

Thanks for pointing me to the gentoo wiki hardware list. It's impressive.

Still it does not have the
        Gericom Supersonic 1000
which I am setting up.

I did find a .config on the net for the 2.4.18 kernel
        http://techinfo.system33.de/LinuxOnGericom/index.html

http://www.tutorials.de/forum/linux-tutorials/144865-linux-bericht-debian-auf-gericom-notebook.html

(no .config posted)
but the 2.6 kernel config file is quite different, it seems.

Anyway, it would be interesting for me to find out the reason for the
described problem. I have found a similar mail from someone else not for
sound, but without solution/reason.
How can a kernel module not not know about the request_module symbol from
vmlinux?

Roland