Volker Armin Hemmann writes:

> > > Thanks for the hint, I was not aware of this. But unfortunately, it
> > > appears that it is not just a question of the mail client:
> > > I am subsribed to the list as post-only (for several reasons which
> > > I do not want to discuss now) and I am actually reading/replying
> > > the usenet copy linux.gentoo.user of this list.
> > > If you know how I could find out (and use with pine) the correct
> > > data in this way, I would be glad to do so, but I am afraid it is
> > > impossible.
[...]
> > Trying to follow the thirty odd threads your client is creating when
> > their should be only one is really really annoying.
> >
> > And you're completely wring about NAT routers, but damned if I can
> > find the actual parts of the thread I want to respond to.
> >
> > kashani
>
> there is no problem with his posts in kmail.

Hmm, I have about seven Threads started by him with "Re: [gentoo-user] Is
there a way...". The other of his respsonses, which do not start a new
thread, have this own posts as reference, not the one he is actually
replying to. All references look like <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
seems like the mail-to-usenet gateway changes them.
Couldn't he just reply with his usenet client, and the gateway would
convert things back so it shows up correctly on the list?

I agree it's a little annoying, but as long as it's just him and only
occasionally, I don't mind.

        Wonko