On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 7:18 AM, Joerg Schilling
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Andrey Vul" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Is there a hdiutil clone for Linux? mkisofs lacks HFS+ support and my
>> SSE3-capable computer is still compiling KDE. It will take a long
>> while to get OSX inside VMware working.
>
> Why do you believe that you need HFS+ at all?
Because I have paths which exceed the HFS limit and lead to
truncation, in addition to symlinks. Both work incorrectly.
E.g.,
HFS+ directory name: Garritan Instruments for Finale 2009
HFS directory name: Garritan Instruments for Finale

I want my remastered (backup) to look exactly like the original:
Joliet(or ISO9660:1999) for Windows and HFS+ for OS X.

> mkisofs supports Apple MAC UDF extensions since Spring 2007.
UDF != HFS+

--
Andrey Vul