On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 03:27, Daniel Pielmeier
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Also make sure you have a clean world file, which means if there is an
> entry which is already needed by something else it should normally be
> removed as this could cause problems.

I can understand that if I have both package P and dependency D in
world, and I remove P then depclean will not remove D. I assume that's
not what you're talking about, though, as it's harmless and probably
intended (since I listed D in world).

Moreover, I would think this is quite common. You might have
Java/Perl/Python/Ruby/* explicitely listed in world (because you write
programs/scripts) and several packages that are either
Java/Perl/Python/Ruby/* based or provide bindings. I *want* to be
explicit here as I don't want Java/Perl/Python/Ruby/* removed should I
remove those other packages.

So what kind of problems are we talking about?