Helmut Jarausch ha scritto:
On  2 Oct, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 18:53:04 +0200 (CEST)
Helmut Jarausch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,
Hello Helmut,
I want to create a shared library, say libULIB.so,
which needs additional shared libraries, e.g. libmpfr.so and
libgmp.so .

My users only use the functions provided by libULIB.so.

Is there a means to "prelink" libULIB.so, so that the libraries
libmpfr.so and libgmp.so are not needed by the user?
You should be able to just provide the libraries to the linker when
linking your shared object. When *running* the application, your shared
object (i.e. the loader) should transitively pull in the libs on which
yours depends. You can check those dependencies using ldd <your-lib>.

Hope this helps,
Patric

Thanks Patric, but unfortunately that's not what I want.
In this case, these "secondary" libraries (e.g. libmpfr.so and
libgmp.so) have to be present on the target machines together
with an 'rpath' if they are in non-standard directories.

My aim was to let the linker generate a big library which
obseletes the secondary libraries.

If I understand correctly, you want them to be statically linked.

m.