On 23/11/2008, damian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  When I boot my computer I don't want to wait for the dhcp client (in
>  my case dhclient) to acquire a lease to continue the booting process.
>  Instead, I would like that the client could be run in the background
>  (as a daemon) right after it is invoked.
>
>  Reading through the man pages of dhclient it seems like I need to pass
>  the -nw flag to the client. However. I can't find how to do this.
>
>  Any help is welcomed. It seems like I'm the only one with this issue
>  (I don't think so) because I can't find in the internet information
>  about this.
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
> Damian.

Hi Damian

I had a similar problem with my machine when I first started using
Gentoo, but I then discovered sys-apps/netplug. Install that and all
should be well. You might want to check your RC_NET_STRICT_CHECKING
variable (in /etc/conf.d/rc) is the way you want it, but otherwise
there isn't any extra configuration required.

I realise you've already got your original problem sorted, but
hopefully this helps others.

Dan