At Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:00:39 +0100 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joerg Schilling) wrote:

> Allan Gottlieb <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Joerg believes that cdrkit is not as good as cdrtools (I have used only
>> cdrtools and it works well for me).
>
> "Believes" is less that "knows".

I was/am trying to sound neutral and not spark a long debate.

> I know that if you take a very old source and add new bugs that the
> result cannot be better than the maintained original.
>
> In contrary to the people behing cdrkit,

No comment.

> I carefully listen to the problems uf the users and I add bug-fixes
> for cdrtools or workarounds for defective drive firmware or
> conceptional bugs in e.g. the Linux kernel.

I very much agree and appreciate your helpful comments on this mailing
list with regard to technical questions involving use of cdrtools

> As a result, there are much less problems with the original software
> than with the fork.

I have not used the fork, but will say that cdrtools works well for me,
thanks in part to your helpful technical comments on this list.

thank you for cdrtools,
allan