On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:48:11 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:

> I can get to the printers page on the server's Cups' GUI:
>
> http://192.168.1.59:631/printers
>
> It gives me a long, ugly descriptive name for the printer so I tried:
>
> lpr -P HP_PSC_1600_series_USB_1 optimize_mythdb.sh

You may want to add the printer again in CUPS, this time using a better
name. The CUPS web interface doesn't provide for renaming printers,
so either re-install it or try editing /etc/cups/printers.conf. I've not
tried the latter,but I expect it would work if you stopped cupsd first.

--
Neil Bothwick

This tagline is umop apisdn